Become a Patient Safety Organization
Become a PSO is an informal educational resource for those interested in learning about the requirements for becoming listed as a PSO under the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act of 2005 (Patient Safety Act) and its implementing regulation (Patient Safety Rule). Become a PSO does not constitute legal advice. It is not law, regulation, or official policy – it is intended to help readers locate and learn about those resources.
Select from the list below for some points to consider when preparing to pursue PSO listing.
- Assess Eligibility to Become a PSO
- Assess Compatibility of Anticipated PSO Operations with Patient Safety Rule Requirements
- Establish Policies and Procedures for Conducting Patient Safety Activities
- Select the Prospective PSO Authorized Official ("AO")
- Prepare to Submit the Certification for Initial Listing Form
The AHRQ PSO Program can offer informal, individualized technical assistance for entities interested in pursuing a PSO listing free of charge. There are no fees to apply for listing. Contact us at email@example.com.
Continue to the next step: Assess Eligibility to Become a PSO.